Leave a Reply

Answer ( 1 )

  1. Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported .


    Dear Shailesh,

    H1B is filed by an Employer and not by any individual. First thing you have to do is to get a genuine employment offer from a suitable US employer based on your qualification and your employer will take the necessary steps from there onwards. Employer files an H1B application with USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) submitting all the necessary documentation. After getting an approval (I-797) from USCIS, you have to go for a consular interview in which your city/state falls under. After your visa is approved, then you are entitled to go and work on H1B visa in US for the employer who filed H1B for you.